Sunday, October 9, 2011

Digital Tools

I'm not much of a fan of being to obsessed with technology to teach a child new tricks. I know many of you would say that back then we didn't have what we have today but the fact stands for itself sometimes technology cannot be relied on to teach a child.
I suppose though if i really wanted to think about it the 5 types of digital tools i would use would be as follows: e-books, flat-bed scanner, graphic tablets, head phones, touch screen. An e-book though its more of a college students material to use, in my view it would help a student keep track of their stories their on, and provide a bit of a explanation about the story they are reading. A flat-bed scanner some teachers would classify as a life saver. I remember my elementary teachers used as a last minute home copier just in case they forgot to in the night before or morning of they could get it done real quick. Graphic tablets would probably work fairly well for math lessons. Head phones when i was in school worked well for students when they wanted to focus by themselves on homework assignments or listen to lessons. Now the one piece of technology that i would use in my class that i would question its effectiveness is the computer touch screen. I didn't use it when i was school but i would still use it because it has been ranked to useful. I'd use it as a special needs asset. I could see many special needs students getting a kick out of touching characters or playing an educational game on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment