Wednesday, September 21, 2011
personal theoretical frame work
My view on how students learn is how anyone that knows me and understands how i was raised would say, "Make learning fun for kid but keep he or she guessing and thinking. I don't try to be something that I'm not and be legit with teaching. In my opinion a child will learn if you get down to their level of thinking and take something of their interest and put it into the lesson. I believe the best way i can get my class room to stay with me during the lesson and not even scratch the day dreaming world is by giving them a reason to want to listen to you. When i was in elementary school many of my teachers rarely caught my attention. it wasn't just cause i was a little kid wanting to go out and play. It was because they went through the motions way too much. They also acted like they had better things to do and being there was just for the pay check not the want-to. I like teaching in a creative but active way. Some big shot professional well-mannered teacher might say that's to liberal but if you really want the kids attention give them something they want to learn about that connects to the lesson. Most of my teaching will be mainly hands- on but occasionally I'll throw in movies on the wide screen. Have the kids type up there responses so that they can get familiar with typing on a computer. Who knows? maybe some of my science lessons or math lessons might connect to video games and explain how it works. My biggest strength is being able to connect with a child that has trouble with his or her learning abilities because thats the way I used to be in elemantary school. My weakness will probably be my inability to be patient with bullies because it will remind me way too much of my elementary years of being bullied.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I think you are dead on with the teachers. I have had several teachers that never caught my attention. I agree that teachers need to be creative and gain the attention of students. I have a teaching style sort of like yours. I think your teaching style will really appeal to a lot of students.
ReplyDelete